Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Chronological Crisis - 1 - New Teen Titans #21

A Story for Another Time

A hint of what's about to come is all I got out of New Teen Titans #21. As Starfire and Raven put their powers on display, a mysterious, spherical satellite above Earth is home to an unidentified being that is "monitoring" their activities and adventures.

The writer, Marv Wolfman, hints that this will be "a story for another time," and wishes to get back to the matter at hand in the issue, which is discovering more about this Brother Blood character. The Titans go undercover to infiltrate the Brother Blood cult, only to be discovered by Brother Blood himself after he zaps one of his cultists.

Overall, the issue was above average, but felt very dated. I'm almost certain this will be my opinion about every Crisis on Infinite Earths-related issue I'm going to read. The nostalgic feeling is overwhelming, though, as reading this issue (along with reviewing the covers of the first pack of issues I bought) immediately brought me back to my early days as a young comic book fan and reader.

Rating: 7 out of 10
Crisis Impact: Low

No comments:

Post a Comment